Friday, July 20, 2018

Bringing up baby (crow)


The crows made a nest again in the tree across the street.  Once they left the nest, the youngsters followed their parents around for a couple of weeks begging for food, making that gosh-awful noise that sounds like they're being strangled. Maybe they are. Anyway, I think mom and dad finally got tired of them and left them here in the yard.  Probably told them to watch for the lady who sometimes throws a pancake outside.  They have been hanging around since. Crows are so smart, each generation teaches the next. No wonder there are millions of them in Seattle.

Busy days ahead.  I get started on a new project at the Log Cabin Museum this afternoon.  Just from the first look, I suspect will take me many months.  They only have a part-time staff and in need of organizational help. More on that later.

I'm also preparing for Amanda, Tom and the kids to arrive late tonight.  The girls are excited about watching West Seattle Grand Parade tomorrow morning.  Then on Sunday after everyone leaves, I need to pack for my flight to Las Vegas early Monday morning.  I'm looking forward to spending next week with dad while Marji is on vacation in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment