Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Everyone loves a Weiner


And Wieners love everyone. A thought entered my mind this morning as I lay in bed with my little companion.  How dogs are completely and utterly self-centered, yet so blissfully unaware of Self. What a gift. 

It's 88 right now in Las Vegas and the sun is just coming up. This is the coolest it will be for the next 24 hours.  In Seattle we have windows and doors wide open all summer since hardly anyone has air conditioning. 

Of course it's the opposite in the desert. It is a bit discombobulating to look outside at a nice summer day, then open the door to a raging furnace.  It will be 112 again today. Ninety degrees in the dry desert is still pleasant, but over 105 it's simply too hot to be outside, even in the shade.

So, I better get going on my morning walk.  Yesterday I walked up to a park a few blocks from the house and a big flock of Canada geese were enjoying the freshly watered green grass.
We took a trip to Trader Joe's yesterday morning.  I made pasta sauce with hot Italian sausage which seemed to be a big hit.

Tonight I'm attempting one of Mom's old specialties: "fried tomatoes and milk gravy".


No comments:

Post a Comment