Friday, June 29, 2018

Sweater weather


The weather pundits promised us another scorching hot, dry summer but it's been chilly and cloudy, more like the summers of yore in the Northwest.  We're stuck again in a same old, same old weather pattern. Sometimes the clouds burn off late in the day, but we'll be lucky to see a high of 70 for the next week. There's an old saying that summer doesn't get started in Seattle until after the 4th of July, and this year it seems to be true.

This was a quiet and uneventful week for me. OK, boring. Not a bad thing of course, when you consider all the unpleasant, unexpected events than can happen at my age.

It should be a nice weekend. We're going to the Symphony on Sunday, the last of the season, and will meet Betsy and Paul beforehand for gelato across from Benaroya Hall.  The downtown building that has housed the gelato shop and the beloved institution Bernie Utz Hats (in business for 84 years) was bought in January by a New York based investment company.  The hat store was unceremoniously evicted.  I don't know about the gelato shop. Kitty corner from the Hall, they are building the Northwest's second tallest skyscraper for Amazon, a glittering tower that looks like a shoe.

The stomp of progress marches on...


I bought a beautiful box of peaches at Costco for $10. I hope they taste as good as they look.  Since they're all getting ripe at the same time, I'll make my once-a-year peach pie from scratch. The one and only pie I can't resist.

Hope you have a sweet weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment