Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Little things


Life in the Urban Village isn't all gloom and doom.  I was shopping at "The Junction" yesterday, and scored a parking place in the lot (still free for now) right behind Northwest Art and Frame, my favorite store.

Why be an old sour puss? The streets and shops were filled with happy looking young people.  Although you wonder, how do they make enough money to live here, spending summer afternoons drinking coffee and eating ice cream?  Anyway, none of my business. I found a nice frame for Grandpa Klingler's castle drawing, so now it finally has a place of honor. What a long way that little sketch has traveled.


The house sparrows are nesting in the yard again, after disappearing for several years. They raised countless generations on the side of the garage and have finally returned to take up housekeeping in the nest box Amanda gave us for Christmas.  I once thought they were pesty birds, but now I like the cheerful fuss they make from morning to night.

Don't it always seem to go,
That we don't know what we got
Till it's gone.
Pave paradise, put up a 
parking lot.

Joni Mitchell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment