Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Stephen Hawking quotes

Stephen Hawking and Jane Wilde
July 14, 1965


We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet.

Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.

Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking.

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers.

It is a waste of time to be angry about my disability. One has to get on with life and I haven't done badly. People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.

Not only does God play dice, but... he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.

However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there's life, there is hope.

I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years. I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first... I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment