Sunday, June 4, 2017

Season of perfection


The garden reaches a beautiful peak in early June-- the time to savor every moment outdoors. Unfortunately, we've been working inside like galley slaves all weekend, getting the house put back together after the fiasco with the painting company.  I sent them away on Friday before the job was even finished. Actually, the incompetent mess they left is much worse than simply "not finished." 

We'll get a refund but that doesn't compensate us for all the work, grief and sleepless nights.  I won't go into the gory details here because I'm tired of the story and we're moving on.  But if you ever see the name "CertaPro Professional Painting" run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. Suffice to say, we have plenty of future work for our dear Tom, master-painter.  

My ukulele group is playing this afternoon at Sea View Hall on Alki Beach.  Actually, we'll be on the porch greeting folks (or driving them away) with our music and singing.  I don't know anything about the event, except that it's part of a home tour.  We are happy to play for nothing, but apparently The Ukes get a free lunch today, which is the favorite compensation. 

Our leader Charlie sent out a set list, mostly easy songs we've played many times.  I don't know why, but he also threw in some seldom played, really tough chord tunes like "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head."  Guess I'll just do vocals on those. Or air strum. I've been too busy this week to practice much.

Tomorrow morning I have an obscenely early flight to Las Vegas.  Once that nasty part is over, I'm looking forward to spending 3 days with my sister and dad at their home in North Las Vegas.  The Seattle high daily temperatures have been running about 60 degrees and Vegas is topping out at 105.  After freezing my buns on Alki this afternoon, a big change ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment