Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stormy skies

Total precipitation forecast, next 8 days
Cliff Mass weather blog

That's an unusual graphic, probably only interesting to us weather nuts.  You want dry turkey this week?  Try Arizona or New Mexico.  Or Yuma, California.  Or Maine!  Here in the Northwest, it looks like non-stop rain in the lowlands while the snow piles up in the mountains.  Just in time for our long trek east for Thanksgiving. It will be worth it though to see our darling little girls.  Oh yea, and their hard-working parents, too :-)

An emergency banking project distracted me from early morning blogging today.  When I looked at my on-line statement, I noticed someone kindly "borrowed" my credit card to buy $25 gift cards at the Foot Locker and REI.  Since they went to the trouble of stealing a number, I don't know why they didn't spend more. Or maybe it wasn't any trouble at all to steal?  This can happen countless ways, no matter how careful you are.

Since the fraud is reported I'm not liable for any amount, but my responsibility is the time and trouble that comes with canceling a credit card for petty theft.  What a hassle. Not to mention, with each passing day, living feels a little more paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment