Friday, November 9, 2012

Cold and clear

It is clear this morning, but cold.  Now that it's finally getting light I see frost on all the rooftops. Scraping the windshield was not fun for John when he left for work at 5:30 am. I'm glad it's Friday and we have a concert to look forward to on Sunday. I just made myself a delicious and fattening bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese. I felt guilty, but stayed in bed for a while watching the endless loop of local news.  Our governor's race is still too close to call but mercifully the political buzz is dying down and we are back to regular old commercials.

Did you hear we legalized marijuana in Washington?  We don't know what that means yet, and most of us don't care.  The rumor is they won't throw you in jail if you smoke it, but they will if you grow or sell it (without a license.) But don't rush up here to shop at the Pot World or Mega Weed superstore-- it will be a while yet.   Now that it's "legal" I told John I might try it again, and see if I still intensely dislike it, 40 years later. It is supposedly great for aches and pains.  He said he would support my Chardonnay habit, but not a pot habit.  I don't think he needs to worry about my drug of choice changing anytime soon. 

I always wait until the last minute to bring in the donkey tail plants, but I'm glad I did yesterday before the freeze. They hate living in the warm dark house for six months, but will survive if I only water them a couple times over the entire winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment