Friday, July 13, 2012

Horseplay


 We're enjoying the sunniest, driest spell of the year right now, although the early mornings have been foggy and cool-- Mother Nature's nice air conditioning comes on at night.  Yesterday I had plenty of time to savor this unusual view of downtown Seattle sitting in gridlock traffic on the West Seattle Bridge.

Inching along in a clot of cars, it took us 30 minutes to travel about a mile out to the freeway.  A sad fact. The traffic didn't lighten up until I was past Bellevue on I-90, but the reward for over an hour of car time was blue sky and horses when I finally got to the foothills. 

Skeeter
My friend Dolly just bought another young Quarter-horse. Skeeter is only 4 years old, but seems to have all the right stuff and a nice personality. Supposedly he likes to play with balls in the arena, but doesn't look too interested here.  Dolly and I made arrangements for me to ride her other horse Spanky this summer, so we're looking forward to some quiet trail rides like in the old days when I still had Sizzle. 
Spanky
We rode for 2 hours yesterday and things went well, considering it was Skeeter's first time on the trail with us. Spanky did fine, too. Here he is, all shiny and happy from his bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment