Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Techicolor

I spent yesterday afternoon in the Museum basement with my nose in a spreadsheet. But when I left the building at 4, the world had turned to eye-popping Technicolor. Lo and behold, the sun came out after weeks of overcast and the colors were just brilliant from months of rain. It was like suddenly going from a black and white to color TV. (If you're old enough to remember that.)

I stopped the car a few blocks from home to take a picture of this magnolia blooming against the sky, and a garish red-tipped photinia hedge:

Our friends and family in Colorado and Montana will wonder-- how anyone could complain about this climate?
After dinner when the sun was setting, I dashed outside and just happened to catch these tulips at a perfect moment. Light is everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment