Friday, April 8, 2011

Switzerland

No, this just looks like Switzerland-- it's a picture of Mt. Si I took yesterday at the barn. A big, frozen rock looming over us. It was like riding in front of an open refrigerator door. But at least it was bright and mostly dry, so I took Spanky for a walk around the property after my lesson. It was wonderful. He was wonderful. Thanks again Dolly, for letting me ride your horse. I'll find a way to make it up to you-- how about a lifetime supply of homemade granola?

We heard on the news last night that it has rained (or snowed) for 36 days out of the past 40 in Seattle. And the temperature is still 10-15 degrees lower than normal. Finally, good news for today and today only:


Friday:
partlycloudy Mostly sunny. Highs in the 50s. Light wind becoming north 10 mph or less in the afternoon.

So it will be a garden work day. I don't know anyone who likes the big box home improvement stores, but there's a decent Lowe's out in Issaquah with a good nursery so I stopped on the way home and got carried away. Geraniums, fuchsias, and other little tender annual starts that don't like cold weather. It has to warm up sometime, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment