Friday, April 29, 2011

Airports, snow and steel magnolias

Denver International Airport

At 4:30 tomorrow morning, John will be driving me the airport for a trip to visit my parents in Cripple Creek, Colorado. At noon I'll be in Denver, where I change planes for a short and (usually) bumpy ride along the front range to Colorado Springs. Hopefully the skies will look nothing like this picture, but spring weather in Colorado is schizo-- it's 75 in Denver today but for tomorrow snow is forecast. Ugh.

In Colorado Springs I'll rent a car and then drive 45 miles up Ute Pass into the mountains around the back of Pikes Peak. When I finally reach the crest of Tenderfoot Hill at 9500 feet, I'll be happy to see this familiar and beautiful view Cripple Creek far below:

If everything goes well, it's a 12 hour door-to-door trip to a different world. My last visit to Cripple Creek was in August, so I'm looking forward to seeing my parents who are also in need of a little help right now.

I'm taking my "toy" computer along (as John calls it) so I'll post updates on the blog when I have the chance. My plan is to be back in Seattle on May 5th. Hopefully spring will finally arrive while I'm gone. In fact there are rumors of a 70 degree day this weekend. John will be at home, keeping the teriyaki takeout stand in business for a few days. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. Good luck! We'll be thinking about you. Roger and Candi

    ReplyDelete