Saturday, April 23, 2011

A cheesecake morning


I can't remember the last time the sun came up in a blue, cloudless sky. It's going to be a perfect spring day with temperatures finally in the 60's. Hopefully the bees will wake up and get busy with the neighborhood fruit trees. Weather for tomorrow is another story, but that's tomorrow. We're excited to see little Nova later today-- and of course she always brings along her mom and dad :-) I just looked outside and I think the Easter bunny came a day early to avoid the rain.

I was up early too, making cheesecake for Easter dessert tomorrow. I'm not much of a baker, and Manhattan-style cheesecake is my only claim to fame. I don't make it often for the obvious reasons: 2 pounds of cream cheese, 5 eggs, etc. John worries I'll get out of practice, but this one looks promising. Thanks Dan and Becky for the fresh vanilla extract you just sent us from Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment