Friday, August 13, 2010

Traveling light?


Tomorrow morning I'm flying to Colorado to visit my parents for a few days. Traveling light is a new experience: one large purse and a carry on containing 2 pair of jeans, 4 shirts, assorted otherware and four minuscule plastic bottles filled with beauty products. Won't I feel carefree trotting down the jet-way? And claiming my share of overhead bin space, for a change.

But wait...my list of electronics isn't so light: 1 Kindle, 1 netbook computer (brand new) 1 cell phone (very antique) 1 digital camera (well-used) and 2 Ipods. Funny how we change, and what we begin to consider "essential." Or more accurately, how technology and homeland security changes us. Once upon a time, I would have toted a stack of books, a portable CD player and some economy size bottles of hair products in my carry-on.

Of course, now that I'm leaving Seattle, the weather finally turns sunny and hot. John will be at home playing music as loud as he likes, dinking with the computer in the cool basement, watering the tomatoes (hopefully) and eating teriyaki take-out.

This tiny new Acer Netbook is slick! Ten years ago, I could have ruled the world with it. I'll look forward to posting to the blog when I get to Cripple Creek. But dear followers, if you don't hear from me each day, I'm either trotting around town with my new toy looking for a wireless connection, or I just have my feet up spending lazy time with Sam and Marge.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment