Thursday, April 29, 2010

They're back...

Each spring I say I'm not going to buy so many new plants. Ha! I'm a sucker for the weird grasses and sedums, especially black and gray ones. We've had wild weather in Seattle this week. Yesterday I beat the storm home, and dumped these plants at the back door right before the deluge started again. Bright sun in the morning, followed by heavy rain and thunderstorms, even hail in places.

My barn friends are on the lookout for swallows; they're late. Some sort of gnat plague just hatched in the damp weather, pestering the horses. We need some flying insect eaters. Yesterday afternoon, Jennifer our barn manager called me at home to say she saw the first one, and no doubt about it. They found our little barn again-- and what a nice person she is to call, just to tell me they're back...

No comments:

Post a Comment