Sunday, April 11, 2010

Martha Washington

We had odd weather in Seattle yesterday. It was dry, but with a cool wind blowing and high overcast that didn't clear out until late afternoon. John mowed the lawn for a second time, and I went to Costco in the morning.

Shopping at Costco is like a competitive sport. I don't know why that is, because there is plenty for everyone. Something about that big parking lot and warehouse makes people barge around rudely, or maybe they just want to get in and out as fast as possible. Who can blame them? Anyway, speaking of competitive, I was one of the first in the door at 9:30, and snatched up a flat of Martha Washington geraniums before they were pawed over. I believe this one is called "Halo." Dark red flowers trimmed in silver; it should be pretty in clay pots around the mossy old fountain.

After I planted the kitchen window box with plain red geraniums, I hosed down the deck and it was dry with a few minutes. There's already lots of radiant energy from the sun, and despite the clouds and wind, a feeling that spring is winning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment