Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April showers


Amanda, Tom and Nova had a safe trip home over the mountains yesterday. It's still winter "up there" with more snow predicted for later in the week. In the lowlands, we'll get rain and unseasonably cool weather for April. I noticed Sizzle put her spring shedding on hold for now, so she looks like an old buffalo with a fuzzy winter neck and sleek summer body.

I miss Nova's smiles in the morning. What a gift to wake up with a happy, shining face and take each day simply as it comes. So much we could learn from our little ones...
Over the land is April,
Over my heart a rose;

Over the high brown mountain
The sound of singing goes.
Say, love, do you hear me?
Hear my sonnets ring?
Over the high, brown mountain,

Love, do you hear me sing?


Robert Lewis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment