Friday, February 12, 2010

The queen of hearts

A few years ago for Valentines Day, I made a batch of sugar cookies for John to take in to the ladies he works with. Hey, I'm a nice person! But once you start a tradition, you can't just forget about it the next year. People might be expecting a Valentine cookie! I don't mind-- and besides, these nice ladies have to put up with John eight hours a day. ;-)
And it gave me a chance to try out the hand-powered cookie dough beater my brother-in-law sent. Works great, Dan.
After my Christmas baking orgy, I thought I'd never make cut-out cookies again. But here I go...
And the decorating part is fun, with a cup of coffee and the right music on the stereo.
Speaking of Valentine's Day, hope you spend a warm and happy Sunday with someone you love. Keep it simple...

2 comments:

  1. Suzy, Happy to hear it worked for you and you can add it to your list of kitchen utensils. Cleans up easily as well. Does my bro know how lucky he is? djt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like all spoiled boys, he complains a lot!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete