Sunday, August 30, 2026

While the cats away

 

 
While we were gone, the beavers kept busy chewing down a large tree. Good job, guys. A perfect hit and it smashed one of my river chairs. And I thought they only "worked" in the winter. 
 
The trunk is so heavy it won't budge without a chainsaw. Maybe I can hack out the pieces. It does look pretty trashy. Oh well, I wanted new ones next spring anyway.
 

Other than that, everything is fine here-- the house just as clean and neat as when I left in June. The lawn was generously irrigated all summer which was wasteful but looks great. 

Best of all, we bought some rain along yesterday, always a rare gift here in parched central Washington. When we stopped at Lone Pine for lunch, the air smelled like someone had just just dumped water on a campfire. A good thing. 

More later... 


No comments:

Post a Comment