Friday, August 7, 2026

A fine line

 

I bought this book for inspiration, but it had the opposite demotivating effect when I realized she "paints" with single strand floss. 

If you know anything about embroidery, then you know that is indeed tedious and finicky. I'll stick with two-strand work and simple Aunt Martha iron on patterns.

That good old Aunt Martha brand, sold by family owned Colonial Patterns, has been around since the 1930's. I remember when these cost a quarter at the five and dime store. 

Most are quick and easy, fun and relaxing, nostalgic or silly. I'm not aspiring to become an embroidery artist at this stage of the game. 


 

The plum tree is groaning with fruit (isn't that a great expression?) and a few hot days away from ripe. Hopefully can do some canning soon. Since they are visible from the sidewalk, I actually worry about people coming in the yard and stealing when we're not around.  Yes, that kind of neighborhood now.  

Blue sky and fresh air back this morning, although the smoke pollution on the east side of the state stays relentless. Our Carlton family is coming over for the weekend for an quick escape. They won't be staying here this time, but we hope to see them Sunday afternoon.

Have a good weekend.  


No comments:

Post a Comment