Friday, September 22, 2023

Transitions

 

A fine balance now, with the length of day and night almost equal. We have a healthy circadian rhythm going before tipping over into the Dark Time. I slept nine hours last night, some sort of personal best record. I'm usually a pitiful, restless sleeper with my mind working overtime in the middle of the night. I know, stupid.

It was a good drive over the mountains yesterday, with light traffic and perfect weather. I left Twisp early and was already at Lone Pine by 8 am, drinking a chai latte.

The new local apples were in, so I bought a bagful (88 cents a pound for any variety) also a Kubota squash, pears, potatoes and sweetcorn. They had boxes of plums. No thanks!

 I already had a pie and a ham slice from Hanks in the cooler. Yes, John was happy to see me, especially when dinner rolled around. 

We have one more day of sunshine before a big change in the weather pattern. Next week will be the wettest period of the entire year, which tells you just how dry it's been. 

 
This is one of my favorite pictures of all time, taken in October 2013. We had just been to a beautiful wedding in Levenworth, and made a side trip to see the family in Twisp. Ten years ago. How is that possible? Maya looks like a Cabbage Patch doll.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment