Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Point and shoot

 

We take them for granted but the new phone cameras are really a marvel. Once upon a time, you needed skill and practice to take good pictures. Not to mention, patience.

There was just the slightest light in the sky last night, but the magic camera technology lit up this scene. I was sitting outside on the deck finishing my tea, watching the shadows of deer on probably the last warmish night for the year. 

Around 3 am, it started raining so hard it woke me up, thinking how glad I turned the irrigation system off. There's no sound more ridiculous than listening to sprinklers running in the rain. And who wants to go outside in the dark and wet?

Maya came down to the house yesterday after school. I treasure the time with her, because it probably won't be long until she is just as busy as Nova. It's only natural that grandparents and parents can't compete with friends and teenage activities, but still kind of sad when this happens.

Maya likes crafts and she is a keen baker so maybe I can entice her over.  The spare bedroom is set up as our art and sewing area--a wonderful luxury of space we don't have in the Seattle house.

She likes painting with watercolors and keeps her art kit tidy. I told her she should come visit me more often, and she said "Nana, you should come to Twisp more often." Touche. 

Back to the city tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment