Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Fireworks hangover

 

Fireworks should be pretty, colorful things that explode high in the sky like fountains while everyone goes ooh and aah. I really don't get the attraction of those single loud bang ones, but they must be big sellers at the reservation fireworks stands. You can't buy them anywhere else. 

I was reading comments on the West Seattle blog this morning, and people were saying it was absolute chaos on Alki beach-- the worst night they can remember. Yes, fireworks are illegal in Seattle, but there are no consequences for setting them off in public places.

Anyway, after an eerily quiet day in the neighborhood yesterday, a noisy night with bombs going off randomly. I can still hear some now at 6 am. John could sleep through a war zone, but I went downstairs which muffled the noise. The air is unhealthy this morning in Seattle from residual smoke, but expected to clear out pretty soon.

So I'm off to the Cafe this morning while the juvenile noisemakers sleep it off. I doubt much work gets done anywhere today.


No comments:

Post a Comment