Wednesday, May 17, 2023

A dog's life

 

No retirement for Doodles, still taking his therapy dog job pretty seriously at age 14. Like most seniors, he gets a handful of pills morning and night for everything from high blood pressure to arthritis. Hey, whatever works. 

Anyway, who wants to retire from the career of getting petted all day? He attached like a leech when I arrived, giving Marji baleful looks from my lap. 

Doodles knows the routine when he sees her suitcase come out and I show up. It's just his way of telling her, "I really don't care if you leave me, I like Aunt Sue better."  Of course he does care, but after all these years of solo visits we get along fine, despite a bit of sulkiness.

Yesterday was unseasonably hot plus stormy and windy in the Las Vegas basin, an unpleasant combination. After taking Marji to the airport for her surprise family vacation (Cancun!) we picked up lunch at In-N-Out and laid low in the afternoon. I was frankly exhausted from the heat and travel so didn't feel like cooking. Needs must, so I just made a macaroni salad for dinner.

Yes, folks, yours truly the food snob is perfectly capable of eating a slice of salty fried Spam (every ten years or so.) I grew up on the stuff. This looked like one of those Hawaiian plate lunches tourists pay good money for. Vowing here and now to eat better today.


No comments:

Post a Comment