Thursday, June 9, 2022

Juneuary

 

A gloomy June morning with yet another drenching storm headed our way.  Record rain, actually, for this time of year. What they wouldn't give for some of this water in the parched southwest. Over 110 today in Las Vegas.

The plant growth is incredible, but the flowers are late and way too cold for vegetables. It's like living in a green, murky aquarium. On my walks, I notice a few houses on each block that have given up the fight. Who can blame them, we're hanging on by our fingertips here trying to keep up. But after a certain point, hard to reclaim your yard from waist high weeds and grass.

I've had this weird sniffle for the past couple of days. No other symptoms and Covid test negative. It's better this morning now that's is raining. Maybe it just some weird pollen allergy I developed in my old age. 

I'm driving to Twisp tomorrow. No flood warnings yet in central Washington, but rivers all running higher than usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment