Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Cake

 

I'm a not much of a baker, except when I get on a roll with Christmas cookies. But I found this super easy chocolate bundt cake recipe on the Internet. My kind of scratch baking-- everything dumped and mixed in the same big bowl all at once-- no creaming oil and sugar or sifting the dry ingredients. 

I used Hershey's extra dark cocoa powder and buttermilk makes cake moist. Anyway, it's a big cake so I froze half for "later." Which may come sooner rather that later. There is something comforting about plain chocolate cake.

3 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbs. baking soda, 2 eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 cup vegetable oil, 1 tbs. vanilla, 1 cup boiling hot water. Greased bundt or tube pan, 350 degrees for about an hour. That's it. Whipped cream would be perfect. 

Well, summer was fun while it lasted. We're suddenly 30 degrees cooler after Monday's mini heat wave.

 


2 comments:

  1. We'll gratefully take all the coolth you'd care to send us. Ditto rain. We have more than enough hot to share generously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if only we could send some down yonder your way.

    ReplyDelete