Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Autumn arrives


The Western Larch is an unusual conifer that only grows at elevations of 1,600- 8,000 feet in the Northwest. Seeing large stands of evergreens turn yellow and drop their needles is a strange sight on the mountain passes. They are beautiful on a sunny day, but if you didn't know better, you would swear they are dying off.

Fall is certainly in the air. The afternoons are still warm but the nights chilly. It was colder inside the house than out when I got here, and I opened the windows to warm things up. This morning the furnace is running. 

Everyone is busy with school, work and activities. Looking forward to my  brother visiting for a couple days, and we'll just go with the flow. The house looks nice. I brought a full car over again, and we have just about everything we need. This time John, I really mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment