Thursday, July 29, 2021

The best laid plans

 

 

Our local weather guru Cliff Mass wrote on his blog that July has been the most perfect weather month in Western Washington history. "Moderate, but warm temperatures. Cool enough at night for sleep.  Lots of sun. No wildfire smoke.  Good air quality.  No rain." 

I can't ever remember a stretch of nice weather like this. Although we could sure use some rain.

It's heating up today, getting close to 90 in Seattle, but nothing like that disastrous heat wave we had in June. On the other side of the state, the fires will likely burn until early winter.  The good news is they've  been successful so far defending the more heavily populated areas. The bad news is there's nothing anyone can do about the smoke pollution.

My trivial complaint of the day. This isn't of interest unless you use Google Blogger, but their "new and improved" interface for blog authors is a headache.  I've used the same old Blogger template since 2009, which might be part of the problem.  I might need to switch to a newer one.  If Feathers and Flowers suddenly looks radically different, don't panic. Although I probably will be on this end until I get it transferred over. 

Some of you asked about the hospice program where I trained to volunteer. It is gradually starting up again. There haven't been many patient referrals, and the ones so far have been in places far south like Federal Way and Auburn so I haven't offered.  In terms of daily routine and activities, I'm in no man's land right now. 

From "The Mouse" by poet Robert Burns: 

“The best-laid schemes o'mice an' men gang aft agley.” 

Translated: the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment