Thursday, March 4, 2021

Here comes the sun

 

 

And there goes the sun. Back to clouds and showers today, but Wednesday was a one day wonder. The temperature reached almost 60 and boy, did that feel good. The spring flowers are popping up like crazy.

I set out walking in my usual Queen Mother in Scotland outfit: hood over fleece headband, neck gaiter, heavy pants and winter gloves and I was soon roasting. I can't wait to retire that unflattering outfit to the Goodwill box. I'll forever associate those black stretchy pants from Costco with the pandemic. It's time to squeeze back into the "hard" pants.

Anyway, as soon it it gets above 45 degrees in Seattle, you see people out in shorts and t-shirts. We're a funny bunch when it comes to the weather. Then when it gets above 75, the heat complaining starts.

That's about all the news, except I'm getting my hair done tomorrow.  Not just a furtive haircut while trying not to breathe, but really "done" as in a color foil. I hoped to emerge from this awful year with a shining head of pure silver to show for it.  Ha! Instead there's this mousy thing going on where my hair can't decide what color it wants to be anymore. I'm trying a new West Seattle salon and see what I get-- anything should be an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment