Thursday, January 2, 2020

Christmas all gone


For all the world, this feels like a typical Monday morning.  It really is discombobulating when major holidays fall in the middle of the week.  But Thursday or not, here we go.  2020 is just getting rolling, with a slew of things on my to-do list.

It didn't rain at all yesterday, the sun actually came out, which was great for showing up the dust and pine needles after I took down the tree and packed up the Christmas stuff.  We hoisted all the bins and boxes up into the attic crawlspace for another year, and that was that.  Except for the cleaning up part.

I bought a couple of new plastic tubs this week, thinking I'd retire some of the old ones, but somehow they all got filled anyway.  A mystery, since I only added 3 ornaments to the collection this year.  Honestly, the stuff just multiplies.

By the end of the day (I wear a FitBit) I'd gone 11,455 steps and walked 5.6 miles around the house, just putting away Christmas.  OK, that is not a complaint, just a fact.


For lunch, we had a couple slices of the leftover vegetarian pizza from New Years Eve.


Then for a special dinner, I cooked the other half of that fabulous New York strip roast. No wonder I was tired. And after all the indulgences of the past few weeks, time to get back to our regular routines for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment