Thursday, July 11, 2019

Queen of Junk


We had record sales yesterday at the Stop n' Shop. I was the lone cashier again, which I have to admit, I enjoy.  I like being busy and the time goes faster. The teenage volunteer is sweet, but she does crossword puzzles all afternoon and pesters me about "four letter words" for this or that. It's a bit distracting and I still need to concentrate.

Anyway, not a single goof on the till yesterday. Guess I'm getting the hang of it and can soon add retail experience to my resume. If worst comes to worst.

As always, another interesting day. A confused elderly lady wandered in, completely lost (we called her daughter to pick her up.) A woman had a scary diabetic episode at the cash register, but then she headed over to Starbucks.  There were the usual attempts to bargain and complaints about high prices. (Not my department.) People usually charge everything, but lots of folks had messy envelopes stuffed with small bills they couldn't spend fast enough. Social security checks just arrived?  Anyway.

We had warm, soft, rain, on and off, all day. It watered everything deeply, and the grass is greening up again before my eyes.  What a gift in a usually parched month.

No comments:

Post a Comment