Monday, March 11, 2019

Spring forward



The Ballad of Daylight Savings Time

What's with this daylight savings time,
It steals our snoozing, sleeping time
Roll out of bed and take a breath
And feel like microwave-reheated death.

Seven o'clock? That just can't be
It's way too dark out there to see
Coffee? Yes, I need two cups
To get my sluggish body up

And hit the road before the sun
For Monday's way-to-early fun.
It's lunchtime? HUH? I just got here
My head just now is barely clear.

Afternoon meeting? How can that be?
I thought it was one...HOW IS IT THREE?
The end of the day has almost come
The day flew by...it's almost done.

Five o'clock? well that's just fine!
I LIKE this daylight savings time!

Rick W. Cotton

This might be the last time we have to go through the clock change ritual. The Washington State House of Representatives voted 89 to 7 Saturday in favor of making daylight saving time permanent and the Senate will vote in the coming days on the issue. More than two dozen states are also weighing whether to abolish the twice-yearly time change.

I'd prefer to stay on standard time. I'm a morning person, and at our latitude, the summer evenings are naturally long and light without human intervention.  But don't you agree, we should finally put this nonsense to rest?

Anyway, if time is meaningless and relative, just pick one and stick with it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment