Friday, September 7, 2018

Leavin' on a jet plane

So the bags are (almost) packed and we’re (almost) ready to go. Our Virgin Atlantic non-stop flight leaves Seattle at 2 pm tomorrow, and we arrive London early Sunday morning.  If everything goes as planned, that is.
 
I’m taking an iPad instead of my heavy laptop.  Not to bore you with the technical details, but I blog on the Google Blogger platform with a Mac.  This works fine on the computer- not so great on iPad or iPhone. Let’s just say Google and Apple are not best buddies.  Not to mention, I never mastered that dual thumb action on tiny keyboards.

Anyway, I'll try to peck out some posts on the iPad. Forgive my typos. The only glitch is I can’t easily upload our own photos using the iPad. And dear blog readers, that might be a blessing.  I promise to make a little slide show later with just the best of the best.

Even without the computer, we are laden with ample technology, and you can reach us on email and text.  I hope to check in from Jolly Old in a few days.  Cheerio!

“This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.”
 
William Shakespeare



No comments:

Post a Comment