Thursday, October 26, 2017

Rain and leaves


My flight was on time yesterday and John picked me up on the way home from work. I made some turkey chili from the freezer, lit a pumpkin spice candle, poured a glass of wine and we watched a little baseball.  Who won? I was asleep by nine.


The leaves around town are colorful, but it rained several inches while I was gone and the garden looks pretty sad and soggy.  Well, at least compared to the bright desert landscapes.  But it's pretty in a subdued sort of way, as things wind down for the year and the gardener gets a little rest. The beds still need leaf mulching-- the final big chore.

After a drenching start, October is ending dry and there's no rain in the forecast until late next week.  Today I'll rake leaves and get caught up with the tidy pile of laundry that John thoughtfully left in front of the washing machine.  It is a mystery that someone can work on jet planes, yet washing machine operation is apparently too complicated. Ha!

Then tomorrow I'll reward myself with a horseback ride.  I haven't seen my riding friend Marianne for several weeks and we have lots to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment