Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Oh, my gourd


This is one of my favorite cartoons, so I drag it out each fall.  Starbucks introduced the pumpkin spice latte in 2003. They've sold over 350 million of the yucky things, making it their most popular seasonal drink.

Pumpkin products started appearing at Trader Joes in September. According to Chow Hound, there's a total of 42 pumpkin flavored foods on the shelves this time of year, many of them pretty weird.   Everything from pumpkin bagels to ravioli.

On my way home from the gym early in the morning, I often stop at TJ's and help myself to the mini cup of coffee at the free sample table.  The flavor is this month is "pumpkin spice" an especially vile brew.  I can't stand flavored coffee or those nasty flavored creamers.

Well, other than trivial complaints, not much is new around here. I'm cooking white beans in the pressure cooker now for turkey chili, an easy comforting meal at the end of a long rainy day.  I have an eye doctor appointment this morning, and maybe I'll get a flu shot this afternoon.  Can a person have more seasonal fun that that?

No comments:

Post a Comment