Friday, October 27, 2017

New glasses


I got a new pair of glasses yesterday which is always stressful. I have bad luck finding comfortable frames and well-made lenses, despite the exorbitant prices they charge now.

Even if they're perfect, your brain still has to get used to a different prescription.  And if you wear progressive lenses (a nicer word for bifocals) your neck has to adjust to a slightly different tilt as you point your nose around at what you want to see.  I'm getting a crick in my neck sitting in front of this laptop. I haven't quite figured these out yet.

These new frames are bright blue and smaller than my old red glasses.  John says they look stylish which was nice of him, although I'm not vain about glasses anymore.  I just want to see.  At this point, they all make me look a bit like Mrs. Beasley.


John is smarter and buys the exact same frames in bulk, so as his prescription changes he just pulls a new frame out of a drawer and has them made up. He doesn't have to go to the trouble to select or get used to new ones.

There is nothing to see in Seattle at this hour because it is pitch black outside.  The days are short and the sun already setting before 6 pm.  But we have a real weather gift ahead with a long string of dry, bright and almost warm days.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment