Monday, February 13, 2017

Granny squaredom


After years of fits and starts (heavy on the fits) I finally mastered the humble crocheted granny square.  Between the bad weather and healing up from my little surgery, I've been pretty much confined to base the past two weeks.

I tried to channel my irritability into some activity like crocheting or practicing the ukulele.  But I would be one of those horrible invalids because of my propensity to feel sorry for myself. All the more reason to stay healthy and make myself useful right up to the end.

Well, enough of that.  Thankfully it's back to normal routines this week. We enjoyed seeing Betsy and Paul and going to the concert yesterday.  Hilary Hahn, a world famous violinist, played Bruch's Violin Concerto, a wondrous thing to experience from our excellent fourth row seats. Hilary Hahn is 37 now, but we saw her once before in 1998 when she looked like a little girl. Time passes so fast. Why do we hurry our lives along to the next thing?

Good news on the travel front.  Amanda send email from Grenada, Nicaragua.  She said they took a bus across the border from Costa Rica,  which was fun but a "linguistic adventure."  Everyone is well and the girls are happy eating too much ice cream in the hot weather. They are taking some tours of nature reserves and volcanoes, and staying 3 nights in a hostel popular with travelers of their demographic. It is called De Boca en Boca.  You can find reviews on Trip Advisor if you are interested. It sounds like they have all kinds of pets, including a turtle and cats that sneak into your bed.  No wonder the kids like it.


We hope for some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment