Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A strange sound


I woke up this morning to a strange and wonderful sound: rain.  Just a passing shower and hardly enough to wet down the dust, but it smelled so good falling on the straw grass.

Now our Internet service is being fussy-- maybe Centurylink forgot what rain feels like in the Northwest? 


Yesterday I took the Bainbridge Island ferry over to the Peninsula to visit my good friend Candi, the most amazing inspirational gardener.  This flower bed was bare dirt a year ago. I wish I had a "before" picture.

The monster daisies came from our yard-- she helped me divide plants last summer and took home some pitiful root scraps I would have thrown in the compost. My daisies are only about a foot high this year, with droopy flowers. Thirsty.

We had a fun poking around the antique malls and shops in Poulsbo, ate lunch at a German pub then drove to Point No Point Lighthouse for a short beach walk.

This lovely, peaceful beach feels a lifetime away from chaotic Seattle, the skyscrapers just visible on the horizon.

OK, I'm off the the gym to work off that Reuben sandwich and German potato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment