Friday, April 25, 2014

April showers

Back of the Wind
Frank Pape

February-to-April 2014 is now the wettest on record in Seattle, with almost 20 inches as of yesterday, and more on the way. The old record was 18.97 inches set in 1972.  It's chilly too, and I heard this morning that Crystal Mt. Ski Resort has a foot of new snow and is reopening for spring skiing.

Last weekend was fun but busy with a long drive on each end, so I'm looking forward to being home.  No concert, no opera, no sports. Maybe I'll duck outside between showers and do a little gardening.  Or maybe not.

There's a big, bargain Easter ham in the fridge to cook. It's so cold that cheesy scalloped potatoes (a Christmas tradition around here) sounds pretty good.  So much for "lite" summer food! Good thing I have plenty of elastic waist sweat pants in my winter wardrobe.

Here's a relaxing rain video from Scott Sistek's weather blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment