Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

I was browsing around the McLendon's nursery this week, a place I have no business going considering I'm on the twelve-step program to give up plant buying.  Ha ha. So many temptations, it was kind of like popping into a tavern, just to "have a look around."

Anyway, mini dish gardens are in style, and they had the most adorable bowls selling for 50 and 60 dollars!  I wanted one in the worst way. I figured I could make it myself for a fraction of the price, with all extra plants and pots I have at home.  I'd just need to buy a few fillers (rationalization) and next thing I knew, there I was at the cash register with a box full of succulents and an expensive tiny shrub.  But it turned out adorable in this great old bonsai pot--  not a fairy garden exactly, but a miniature garden world.  Perhaps it's true, that women revert to little girls again when they get old.

It is beautiful in Seattle this morning.  The sun is coming up in a perfectly blue sky, and it will be 80 by afternoon.  I just watched a lazy raccoon stroll by and scratch his posterior on a garden stake. Time to get mine in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment