Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sweet September days

"Hauling out"
These beautiful September days are busy from early morning until our early bedtime.  In fact, I've been asleep before John lately, and I'm not the one who has to drag out of bed at 4:40 am.  Although my feet usually hit the floor shortly after he leaves. After coffee, of course. This morning I'm making a pot of tomato-pear chutney and keeping an eye on some oven-dried tomatoes.  Which is why I'm late to my computer-- not to mention the amusing distraction of political news on the Today Show.

The record high temperature for today in Seattle is 85, and we might break that.  No rain in sight, and smoke from the Wenatchee wildfires is still drifting over the Cascades causing problems with air quality. 

It's the best season to ride, and it's been years since my friend Dolly and I hauled out in her trailer. We loaded up and drove Skeeter and Spanky a few miles yesterday to ride a section of the Snoqualmie Trail near Fall City, a place we went often when I still had Sizzle.  I didn't take any "on the trail" pictures because Skeeter is only 4 years old and, well-- I had to pay attention to my riding.  But the horses were well-behaved and we had an uneventful ride, which is the very best kind. Just two old friends chatting with the autumn trail all to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment