Saturday, November 19, 2011

A last rose (again)

I thought the roses were history, but I found this last one when I was out raking fig leaves yesterday. The temperature in Seattle will be below freezing tonight, so that's it for the roses and geraniums. The basement stairwell is piled with plants that have no business living in Seattle in the winter. I'll cover them tonight with an old fleece throw and hope for the best.

We didn't have snow in the lowlands this week, but the early winter storm brought enough to the mountains that the ski areas are opening now. It's one of the earliest openings in the past 25 years, and I'm not sure what that says about the rest of the Northwest winter.

After this little cold snap the weather warms up again and we can look forward to a drenching from the Pineapple Express next week:
An "atmospheric river" straight from Hawaii...

No comments:

Post a Comment