Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yard sales

When you have a granddaughter, you have a good excuse to stop at yard sales. And look at these sweet old dolls and the antique high chair I found last weekend for $10. I was walking to the mailbox, minding my own business, and next thing you know I'm running home for my wallet and car to load up the pile of stuff I bought from a nice neighbor.
I suppose deep down, there is a little girl in all old ladies. Sometimes I'll see an old-fashioned toy and get that exact tug of desire I would have had at age 5. I think this means you are either young-at-heart, or getting senile. Well, who cares?
We are all children trying to be adults. Someday Nova and her dotty Nana will have fun playing with these old toys.

JUST ONE DOLL

If you could only keep one doll
Of all the dolls you own,
If only one doll would become
The last doll in your home,
Which doll would you give favor to,
Which one would your heart choose?
Would it be the prettiest,
Or the oldest and most used?

by RomaMay

2 comments:

  1. What a great find! I don't think you are too old and crazy just yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John may disagree with you :-)

    ReplyDelete