Friday, July 16, 2010

Wildflowers, dogs and horses

And daughters. It doesn't get much better than that. I was sorting through pictures, and here's a few more from our 4th of July weekend in eastern Washington.
After such a wet spring, the wildflowers were lush along the Methow River.
Amanda and I went for a walk with Roger along the river in Twisp.

And I took another ride at Sun Mountain Lodge. Wrangler Kit rode a young palomino mare she was training.

I rode "Crazy," who was not crazy at all, but a good old Appaloosa trail horse. He knew everything there is about climbing mountains, so I just relaxed and enjoyed the scenery.

And it was spectacular-- we rode for 2 hours, and Kit took us up a mountain trail overlooking Patterson Lake to the east, and the North Cascade range to the west. The hills were green and blooming with wildflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment