Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cat in the apple tree

Can you see Vino? Early yesterday morning I watched him slink out of the hedge and jump up there to hang out. He's "guarding" an old ornamental birdhouse that no self-respecting bird would ever build a nest in. When I opened the door with my camera, he ran off in terror as if he'd never seen me before. That cat must have a guilty conscience about something. John calls him our "Dodo kitty," and for good reason.

We've had wild weather in the last 24 hours. At noon yesterday I was working in the garden with hot sun on my back, and within 45 minutes a dark, windy storm blew in from the west. We had driving rain, which made me sorry I cleaned all the outside windows last week. Gale warnings on the Washington coast, snow in the mountains, and damp and cold in Seattle today. Crazy spring weather...hope yours is nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment