Sunday, November 29, 2009

A wonderful quilt

I have to show off for my talented friends sometimes, who tend to be too modest. This charming quilt was created by Julie, inspired by an applique design called "Welcome to the North Pole."

She made it for her annual quilt exchange, and the lucky lady who got it lives in Canada on a farm where she cares for (formerly abused) donkeys and goats. She describes the winters there as "goat-clump cold." I like that expression!

If you're a quilter, you know applique this detailed is tons of work and challenging even for an expert. Julie said, "I used six different presser feet for the sewing machine, three kinds of machine needles (and broke two of them while sewing on the red chain ball trim), and oodles of different colored regular and metallic threads."

What a masterpiece! And thanks for sending me the picture and story!

No comments:

Post a Comment