Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thank you friends and family


Last night I took a look in the rear view mirror of life, and I was surprised to see 191 postings since I started writing Feathers and Flowers. I remember that day in June when I opened "Blogging for Dummies" on my lap, and set about opening an account on Blogger. I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing, but thanks Blogger for making it free and (fairly) easy, and thanks John for the book. So I grabbed a template, and wrote a posting about moving Sizzle to her new barn. And I still remember the scary thrill of clicking that "Publish Post" button for the first time. Whoa! My life was suddenly on the Internet.

http://sue-feathersandflowers.blogspot.com/2009/06/country-horse-city-horse.html.

"Blogging for Dummies" said I needed a plan, and so I decided my goal would be sharing stories and photographs, and to write about ordinary life in a short and interesting way. In other words, not be a bore. Unfortunately, when we ARE boring we don't know it, and must rely on others to tell us outright (unlikely) or ignore us (more likely.) But if you have Statcounter installed on your blog, you will always know when you are being ignored. :-)

What I am trying to say in a round-about and possibly boring way, is thank you dear friends and family who take a minute out of your day to drop by Feathers and Flowers. In particular, those of you who have given me kind words of encouragement, and shown your support by joining my little group of followers. On this weekend of thankfulness for so many blessings, I just wanted to say a special thanks to all of you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment