Monday, September 14, 2009

Morning nap

Sometimes horses like to lay down and rest for short periods during the day, and at night in their stalls when they feel safe. Horses can also sleep just fine standing and most prefer it, since the "run away fast" instinct is hard-wired, and such a big animal is slow to get on its feet when danger comes. In fact, I've only seen Sizzle on the ground a handful of times, and each time my heart skips a beat! My horse is getting old, is she OK???
(Yup, just fine and dandy.)

So it was a fun to see her relaxing in the warm sun outside her stall the other day. She looked so sweet laying there like a big, lazy dog. I ran back to the car for my camera before she saw me and jumped up to beg for her treat.

Sizzle has a view from her stall "balcony" looking east to the Cascade mountains, and Boeing Field far below where John is hard at work while she naps in the sun. A pretty good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment