Monday, June 22, 2009

What is it?

Are you thinking, what on earth?

My sister Marji was visiting from Las Vegas in April, and we were sitting in the kitchen yakking one morning. She noticed the random cactus plants in the greenhouse window and mentioned she would send me an "unusual" specimen that grows like crazy in her dry garden. I didn't give it any more thought until this week, when a little box came in the mail from Marji. I opened it, and UGH! at first glance it looked like a box of dry, dusty spiders. Anyway, I planted the critters in this pot, gave them a good soaking and their "spines" perked up fast.
It looks like just an ordinary sharp cactus, but these white "spines" are as soft as paper. Very unique, thanks Marji! I'll let you know how they like the dark Seattle winter...they just had their last drink of water until October.

No comments:

Post a Comment