We went to the first performance of our Symphony season yesterday, featuring James Ehnes playing Bruch's Violin Concerto #1.
You are allowed to take photos after the music stops, which I did, and got that nice snapshot of the artist accepting the big standing O.
Here's a snippet from this marvelous work:
Our fourth row is perfect for the violin soloists. With the pianists, we have an excellent view of their feet, and I just spend time wondering why they press those pedals when they do.
Anyway, we're back in the same seats we've had for years, next to our old pals Betsy and Paul. All four of us, still here, still subscribing, and still meeting up for coffee before the show. Life is good.
Speaking of Benaroya Hall, the interior lobby underwent a major face lift this past summer.
That included new artsy carpet throughout. Some wag on Reddit commented that it looked like "the site of a crime scene." Well, that’s a bit harsh but now that you mention it...
As we were standing around at intermission, I did say to John the splotches reminded me of the water stain left on our hall carpet after the toilet flooded the floor. John said they chose that design so it won't show the coffee and red wine stains.
But the hall was brighter had that fresh new smell of remodeling. Instead of hardback chairs scattered around, there were many new and comfy places to sit.
We are off to Santa Rosa tomorrow morning for our mini vacation. Weather in the Napa Valley looks very warm. If I don’t go into a hot mineral water coma, I’ll check in from sunny California. Ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment